Thursday, November 8, 2012


Oriental rugs.  I love them for their classic appeal.  However, they classically come in red.  Lots of red.  I know plenty of people love the hue, but I am just not one of them.  It always comes off angry and aggressive in my eye, so I avoid it in my decor at all costs.  So I was delighted to see this neutral version on House of Turquoise the other day.  It would blend seamlessly with any decor, but still offer interest with its subtle pattern.


I was especially excited to discover Medallion Rug Gallery on my way to work yesterday.  The showroom was large and filled with the ornate beauties.  They had an impressive color spectrum and I lusted over several, literally petting them as I snapped some pictures.


How awesome is this blue and green number?  Right up my alley and not a hint of red in sight.  I made a little exception to my red rule for this cute bird motif though.  How sweet is that?!


Because these rugs are such high quality and offer awesome warrenties and restoration throughout your ownership, they were expensive.  Very expensive.  But it is definitely a lifetime item that is worth investing in if you have the money.  Some day!


In the meantime, the stacks of rugs as a graphic will have to suffice.  Plus, gazing at the patterns really gets my creative juices flowing.


I also found these more affordable options on West Elm.  They are over-dyed and distressed for a monochromatic textured look.  I'm digging the patchwork motif too...


What do you look for in a rug?  Pattern? Price-point? Material? Color?


No comments:

Post a Comment