Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Oh Christmas Tree


I've been itching to get a tree.  We have a perfect spot in the apartment for it, but considering we are headed home on the 15th and the boyf won't be back to deal with it until the end of January... it was still unrealistic.  Not to mention it would be a poor economic purchase on my tight budget.  So when I saw this little baby strapped on top of that cute little green VW I snapped a quick pic.  Not to worry though... thanks to my paint chip stash, I know have a tree!  Well, actually many trees...


We'll start with the big guy.  Remember that huge paint chip sample haul I made while interning during the office move I mentioned here?  Well it was high time I made something from them, and being that they were all mainly green in color, the tree project was a no-brainer.  Free, festive and a great conversation starter.


I then created some streamers and attached them to some red twine along with some dollar store ornaments to dress it up a bit and play into the shaggy three-dimensional vibe.


Of course my tree needed a topper... queue Pinterest.  I found this great origami paper star tutorial on annekata.  She lays it all out perfectly clear if you want to make some too.  I had just purchased some origami paper at the dollar store and I used them all up on stars to hang around the tree.  I used scrapbook paper for the largest star.


I am happy to lay on my back and gaze up at this funky tree and think of all the Christmas cheer waiting for me at home!  Check back soon to see how I ended up going a little tree crazy in my living room...

   

2 comments:

  1. This tree is so cute and festive! I LOVE it! Cannot wait to spend some quality time with my sis (YOU) during the Holidays!

    ReplyDelete