Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Trees Abound


This tutorial is so simple I almost didn't bother, but in the name of a graphic...  So I plowed through nearly my entire supply of paint chips with this method and decorated every nook and cranny with these fun trees!


I was down to more subtle colors of green in my stash, but I like the winter wonderland effect the more silvery-blue hues of green evokes.


Luckily my gold polka dots from my pumpkin display work just as well for the winter holiday!  I tried to vary the size and type of branches on each tree for a fun eclectic look.  It's like a dreamy little pastel forest and I love it!


I also found this great tutorial by none other than Martha Stewart to add some variety to my tree bonanza.  Mine are a slight variation of course since you gotta use what you got!  Anyone recognize those reeds from my previous spook sticks project?


These trees may have also crept onto the adjacent shelf as well... along with some ornaments and pine cones to top off the shot glass collection.  I mean, drinking is festive right?! Ha.


Some more ornaments in spare glass jars (we keep them all, from pickle to sauce and even the cute narrow olive ones too!) keep the tree and the trimmings all together in a completely non-traditional way.


A Santa in his sleigh flying into the night with more paper stars thrown into the mix top it all off.  Strolling by the tree down the street in Union Square is a nice treat too!


So I can now say my apartment is totally Christmasfied, and it only cost me about five bucks!  How much are you spending gussying-up your space this year?



No comments:

Post a Comment